*Last Updated: 13, February, 2024*
We get that legal documents can be overwhelming and boring, so we’ve tried our best to keep it as simple as possible while providing the information needed. It is important however to remember that these terms are legally binding between yourself and us if you choose to use Chitchat.gg, so please read them carefully before proceeding - We will continue to improve and tackle some sections.
Your privacy is very important to us, and we will ensure protecting your privacy when using our services. We only collect limited data from our users that is absolutely necessary.
- Account Information: We collect data from our users when they register for an account on Chitchat.gg, such as: the registered e-mail address, hashed password, and chosen username.
- Analytics: We collect anonymized analytics data through a first-party self-hosted Matomo instance, this data isn’t shared with any third-party and is used for analytics purposes only.
- Payment Information: We collect transactional information when you make a purchase or payment on Chitchat.gg, but we do not keep any personally identifiable financial information, like credit card numbers. Instead, we use third-party payment services such as Lemonsqueezy and PayPal. The privacy notice of these payment processors governs their use of your personal information. You can view their privacy notices here: https://www.lemonsqueezy.com/privacy or https://www.paypal.com/privacy.
- Note for International Visitors: Your personal information may be sent to, saved, and dealt with in a different country than where it was gathered. For instance, the Sites are mainly run and given from the United States. The country where your personal data is sent to may not give the same protection for your personal information as the country where it was originally gathered.
Who is this information shared with?
We will don’t sell your data to any third-parties, although we use certain service providers to process your data, such as:
- Digital Ocean, provides us with cloud services to process and store data.
- Hetzner, provides us with cloud services to run several backends.
- hCaptcha, provides us with the tools necessary to stop abuse of our platform.
- Cloudflare, provides us with DDoS mitigation and content delivery acceleration as well as hosting our web client.
- Lemonsqueezy, provides us with payment processing gateway services.
- Mailgun EU, is our email delivery service for sending, receiving, and tracking emails.
We may disclose your information to third parties only if such disclosure is absolutely necessary to comply with a valid legal process, protect any person from death or serious injury, prevent fraud or abuse, or protect our rights, property, safety and interest.
Where is my information stored?
Your information is currently stored on first-party servers in the EU and United States.
If you wish to request the deletion of any information stored on our servers, please contact us at [email protected].
Exceptions to third-parties service providers which is used to process your data as mentioned above.
Our commitment to children’s privacy
We follow The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), which requires online service providers to obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13 years of age. This applies to every user of our platform, regardless of different consent laws in different countries. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age, we will immediately delete that information from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe that they have disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at [email protected].
We use the hCaptcha anti-bot service (hereinafter “hCaptcha”) on our website. This service is provided by Intuition Machines, Inc., a Delaware US Corporation (“IMI”). hCaptcha is used to check whether the data entered on our website (such as on a login page or contact form) has been entered by a human or by an automated program. To do this, hCaptcha analyzes the behavior of the website or mobile app visitor based on various characteristics. This analysis starts automatically as soon as the website or mobile app visitor enters a part of the website or app with hCaptcha enabled.
When using the Chitchat.gg, hCaptcha will only begin analysis when you:
- Submit a login request.
- Submit a registration request.
- Submit a password request / email resend request.
For the analysis, hCaptcha evaluates various information (e.g. IP address, how long the visitor has been on the website or app, or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis will be forwarded to IMI.